As of 09.30.2022
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer ("personal information"). We collect this information for "business purposes" which the CCPA defines as the use of personal information reasonably necessary to achieve a business’s operational purposes. The following categories of personal information are collected when you shop for products on intelligenceofnature.com ("Website"), sign up for our SMS Program as defined in the Terms of Service, or otherwise interact with us either through an email or by visiting the Website.
- Identifiers such as name, address, email, phone number, your device’s IP address, software, and identification numbers associated with your device.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
- Commercial information such as your purchase history.
- Geolocation provided you have enabled your device to allow the Website to collect such information.
- Inferences about your preferences, behaviors, and characteristics.
Personal information does not include publicly available information from government records, de-identified or aggregated consumer information, or other information excluded from the CCPA's scope.
How We Use Your Information
We do not and will not, sell any of your personal information to any third party, however, we may use your personal information for the following business purposes:
- With our parent company, Seraphic Group, Inc. as well as their affiliates and subsidiaries and their officers, directors, or employees ("Seraphic") for purposes of communicating offers, information, news, and other updates from Seraphic.
- To third parties (including contractors, service providers and others, referred to as "Third-Parties") we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Third Parties may include those providers who provide the SMS Program such as platform providers, phone companies, and other vendors who assist us in the delivery of SMS messaging under the SMS Program.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud, to provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries and to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information and otherwise with your consent.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To keep business records such as tax and accounting.
- To comply with US legal obligations or respond to US government authorities. external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our, or others' rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- To personalize your Website or SMS Program experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our websites, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our websites, products, and services.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, in which personal information held by us about our customers is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
How We Share Your Information
We may disclose your information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We may share your personal information with service providers or data aggregators.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Personal information categories listed in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)
- Commercial information
- Internet or other electronic network activity
- Inferences drawn from other personal information to create a profile about a consumer
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to third parties service providers.
In the previous 12 months, we have not sold consumers' personal information.
California residents have additional rights regarding their personal information under the CCPA including the rights of Access and Data Portability and Deletion.
Right of Access and Data Portability: You may request that we disclose information to you about our collection of personal information over the past 12 months. Once a request is received and we get verifiable confirmation of that request, we will disclose:
- What categories of personal information we collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting (or selling) that personal information
- The categories of third parties that we share the personal information with
- The specific kinds or pieces of information that we collected about you
- Whether we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, including two separate lists disclosing: 1) sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and 2) disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights. You may request that we delete any of your personal information that we have collected and retained, with certain exceptions. Once we get a request and can obtain confirmation of that verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either calling us at 1-844-432-5488 or email@example.com.
- You, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you have authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
Verifiable consumer requests for data portability may only be made twice in a 12-month period. Requests must:
- Provide enough detail so we can verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information (or an authorized representative).
- Include enough detail in your request so that we can understand and respond to it.
- Note that we cannot respond if we do not have the above information.
- Setting up an account to make a verifiable consumer request is not necessary and we only use information in a verifiable consumer request to address the specific request.
Timing. We make best efforts to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of such request. If we need additional time (up to a total of 90 days from when the request is received) we will communicate with you in writing regarding the reason for and the timing of the extension.
Disclosures that we provide are only for twelve (12) months preceding the request of the verifiable consumer request. Any response we send will also provide an explanation if why we cannot accommodate a request. If you send us a data portability request, we will provide your personal information in a format that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
There is no fee to process or respond to a verifiable consumer request unless we determine that it is excessive, repetitive or otherwise unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any such offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this policy at our discretion and at any time. When changes are made, we will post the updated notice on the Website as well as an updated effective date. Your continued use of our websites following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.