This content was created in collaboration with paid ION* partner, FoodbyMaria. By purchasing ION* products through links from this blog she may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
This Holiday Greek Salad is made of gut-healthy shredded kale and cabbage. It’s nutritious, delicious, and doesn’t make you feel like you’re eating rabbit food!
While perfecting this recipe, Maria shredded the cabbage and kale so that the texture came out just right, allowing the dressing to seep right into every crevice, leaving each ingredient coated and seasoned. Maria recommends this technique for all winter salads moving forward, you will not regret it. Don’t forget to pair this gut-healthy salad with her Viral Greek Salad Dressing. It’s a combination of lemon, red wine vinegar, good quality EVOO, fresh garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. It’s an incredible way to get in that necessary fiber in order to keep our gut happy.
Another way Maria likes to keep her gut healthy is by taking daily supplements that help support a diverse microbiome. All-natural ION* Gut Support is part of her go-to daily routine. It’s a simple liquid formula that is easy to incorporate into even the busiest schedule. ION* is proven to strengthen the gut lining within minutes, supporting better digestion and nutrient absorption, all while supporting a thriving microbiome!
Here’s everything you need to make this delicious salad
- 4 cups finely chopped/shredded Tuscan kale, in the food processor (about 2 bunches of Tuscan kale)
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped/shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green olives
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pickled onion (make a half-batch of our pickled onion recipe!)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- juice of one lemon (about 3 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 small garlic cloves, pressed
- Make the dressing by whisking all of the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the finely chopped kale, finely chopped cabbage, crumbled feta, finely chopped green olives, finely chopped pickled onion, pomegranate arils, and chopped walnuts.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well. Serve and enjoy!
- Add this salad to your holiday table for a fresh side dish!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Maria Koutsogiannis | Calgary, AB
Maria’s fierce honesty and stripped-back approach to sharing her journey to self-love through overcoming an eating disorder has amassed a global following. By seeking a healthy relationship with food Maria has become an industry leader. Over the last 5 years as CEO of FoodByMaria, Maria has educated readers and inspired eaters to embrace vibrant, wholesome foods into their daily life. Her straightforward recipes are thoughtful, healthy and nourishing while satisfying all cravings for classic comfort food and sweet indulgences.