This content was created in collaboration with paid ION* partner, FoodbyMaria. By purchasing ION* products through links on her website she may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
Ready to make FoodbyMaria’s Pantzarosalata? This long word is Greek for a delicious roasted beet salad with herby yogurt sauce. It's a staple in Greek households, and it's so earthy, creamy, and delicious that you seriously will not be able to get enough of it. It’s the perfect dish to serve as a quick lunch or an easy side dish.
Why You'll Love Maria’s Roasted Beet Salad
- Quick Prep: This recipe will only take 5 minutes to prep, the rest of the time is spent cooking the beets.
- Gut-Healthy: Beets and yogurt are gut-healthy and support a diverse microbiome which helps with immunity, inflammation, blood sugar, and more.
- Delicious: The earthy taste of the beets combined with creamy yogurt is the perfect combination!
Maria is always looking for gut-healthy foods to keep her belly happy, and this recipe is one of them! (thanks to the benefits of beets and yogurt). It may not be a food, but another way Maria keeps her gut healthy is by taking daily supplements that help support a healthy microbiome. ION* Gut Support is her go-to for gut health. All natural and backed by science, this simple liquid formula is easy to incorporate into even the busiest schedule. ION* is proven to help strengthen the gut lining and support immune function, digestion, nutrient absorption, and so much more!
How to make a gut-healthy beet salad:
4 large red beets
1 cup greek yogurt
2 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
half a lemon (juiced)
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
2 tbsp fresh chopped mint
2 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- Roast the beets: Wash the beets thoroughly and wrap each in parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 400F. Place wrapped beets on a baking sheet. Roast for 40-50 minutes or until fork tender. Unwrap the beets and allow them to fully cool. Then peel beets with your fingers or a peeler.
- Slice peeled beets into wedges, about 6 wedges per beet and set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together Greek yogurt, olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice and salt.
- To a low bowl or platter spread the yogurt mixture. Add the beet wedges on top of the yogurt. Sprinkle the top of the beets with another pinch of salt and the walnuts. Finish by sprinkling the fresh herbs over the beets. Serve immediately.
Maria Koutsogiannis | Calgary, AB
Maria’s fierce honesty and stripped-back approach to sharing her journey to self-love through overcoming an eating disorder has amassed a global following. By seeking a healthy relationship with food Maria has become an industry leader. Over the last 5 years as CEO of FoodByMaria, Maria has educated readers and inspired eaters to embrace vibrant, wholesome foods into their daily life. Her straightforward recipes are thoughtful, healthy and nourishing while satisfying all cravings for classic comfort food and sweet indulgences.